Thursday, November 24, 2005

Making a Hot Shower Count

I am going on my 7th day with no heat and 3rd with no hot water. This is what I call creative living. The weather outside has been brutally cold too. Thankfully my stove top still works...I am getting to be a pro at washing my hair upside down in freezing water, and at gauging how much water to boil to mix with cold water so I can have a lukewarm bucket bath. But all is not lost! The repairman just left a few minutes ago. His diagnosis was succint and to the point: "deine heisse wasser (tank) ist kaput" In other words my hot water tank is dead. The hot water in the tank is what lets the pipes into my radiator fill with warm water and put out heat. He was kind enough before he left (I think he felt a bit sorry for me) to fill my tank enough for me to either have 2 hours of heat or a nice hot shower. I opted for the hot shower. Heat is fleeting but cleanliness can last a whole day.... I am not complaining mind you. I think these experiences serve as character building experiences. I have LOTS of character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home