Thursday, September 29, 2005

"Hallo! It's myyyy liiiife'

(the above line was sung by a drunk man outside my apartment today).
One might think that if all the hot water runs out right in the middle of soaping your face in the shower, and then you get caught in a fight when you step off the tram and have to be bodily helped around the altercation by a transportation authority, and then you realize some time later in the day that your shirt is on inside out that it might be kindove a bad day. Actually that could not be farther from the truth! This has been a glorious day (so far, it is only 4:18). I had some free time. Well truthfully I made free time. I haven't done that in awhile and I think I needed it. I decided to skip school for a variety of reasons, all of them really good in my opinion. Anyway, while surfing the net and waiting for the downpour outside my bedroom window to abate, I managed to find a well thought out essay on Mugglenet.com on why Harry Potter is not the 7th Horcrux. I am now convinced that he is not. So don't argue with me. Shortly after that I found myself in Starbucks down the street sipping a short white chocolate mocha w/whipped cream. (short b/c I am on somewhat of a budget). I immersed myself in the Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis for a time, long after my coffee was gone... losing track of my surroundings and time, only to emerge into the "real" world at Starbucks on Freisenplatz in My City, Germany. It was a little bit of a shock to tell you the truth.
Trying to shake the lethargy and the feeling that I was still in the middle of Tashbaan, I decided to go to Saturn to see if somewhere in the 4 floors of CD's and DVD's I could find the new Switchfoot CD. No luck. And they are supposed to have the largest collection in Europe! I was then assisted by a wonderfully helpful man named Wolfgang. Wolfgang unfortunately was unable to help me find the two movies I was looking for, but we struck gold with A Little Princess. For me this is one of the rare movies I can watch over and over...a great rainy day movie. So here I am. It is sunny outside now though, but that won't last long. And I am loving my free day. Can you tell? I think you all should take a free day too. Just cuz you can, and life is too short not to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home