Monday, June 19, 2006

CHEERS!

I had truly one of the best birthdays ever. My b-day was last Monday (12th) and it was unique in so many ways. This is my 2nd birthday away from my fam, and friends back home but my new friends (and one old one) really made it special. J my roommate suprised me that morning when I opened my bedroom door..the apartment looked like it vomited ribbon and balloons. She even decorated the bathroom, which made showering that morning a bit tricky. A group of us went to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. The World Cup is happening here now and is creating so much energy it is palpable. So we watched the U.S. get stomped on by the Czechs, which wasn't so great, but it was cool watching it on a jumbo screen. We went to the river side after for the cake part of the day. Australia beat Japan that day so there were a lot of really happy and really drunk Australians around. It was a great party atmosphere.
So, to explain the top picture...I approached the group of really happy (and intoxicated) Australians and asked if I could have my picture taken with their blow up Kangaroo. Actually to correct that I managed somehow to approach the cutest, happiest and DRUNKEST Australian man there, and as you can see from the picture I got more than I bargained for...he was hilarious, and very friendly.. I have video footage if you are interested. **not to be used for blackmail purposes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home